Thursday, July 4, 2019

Exhaustion of Motherhood - When the Babies are Young

I'm tired. I'm always tired. I was telling someone the other day "That's just a part of motherhood!" She replied "You'll just  be tired for the rest of your life, right?!" We were interrupted at that point, so I wasn't able to answer her with "Well, that's not exactly true..."

My mom (mother of nine children in just under 13 years) had told me that her friends had told her that it would get better after the baby was about two years old. She couldn't quite believe them. But she was always expecting again by the time hers reached about two years old. She told me that when my baby sister was about two, there was a huge change! I knew it must be true, because she'd told me other things like that and I had later proved them. But it didn't change the fact that I was still tired.

About 3.5 years ago, I had a two-year-old and no baby coming. I had so much energy! I got so much done! For now, I want to enjoy my little ones (and of course, bigger ones). I need to remind myself that I won't always be tired. And I need to get to bed earlier, because my exhaustion doesn't have to be as much as it is.

But not tonight. Tonight is church, and if we're out in time, then watching fireworks. It's a special day, and I want to celebrate our nation's birthday with my family.

Oh. And Sissy finished her learning-to-read book yesterday, and we went to the library and got her a library card according to the long-standing promise. (This promise began when Son was going through that book). Now Honey is asking for reading lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! What are your thoughts about this subject?