Monday, October 17, 2016

Yucks & Blocks

This season of our life is turning out to be somewhat depressing. The last couple of weeks we've had a bit too much lethargy going on. All of us have felt just a little under the weather and blah. I hope we're at the end of that season! This is why you haven't heard much from me. Probably will continue not to until we're all out of it. :-)

On a good note, it hasn't been bothering Son as much as the rest of us. The other day, he flew through 35 pages of Are You My Mother? Last night, he experimented with folding his lunch meat snack. He wound up using 8 slices of lunch meat, more than I'd usually grant him, to make "pizza slices" which he arranged into a circle so it would look like a cut pizza. He was pretty impressed with himself and showed me with a great deal of excitement. I, too, was impressed. And today, he has built many creations out of their wooden blocks.

The last one before bedtime, he stacked in a line, pyramid style, and didn't have enough blocks to make it as tall as himself, which is what he'd been attempting. So I began to wonder aloud how many blocks they already had, and he started counting. He got to 35 on the bottom two rows, and I decided to show him a quicker way to add them all up. Starting at the bottom, there were 18 blocks. The creation 9 blocks high, but the top row was one block shy of a full row. So we added 18+17+16+15+14+13+12+11+9. We have 115 blocks. Wow! I have a feeling that there are a few hiding here and there in places they aren't supposed to be, though. So actually, we probably have a few more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! What are your thoughts about this subject?