Friday, October 28, 2016

Trunk-or-treat Ahead

I'll be honest. Trunk-or-treat does not thrill me. It feels like a big bunch of work, and the kids will come home with big bags of what I once heard referred to as "Poison Soup". Even though it is a church function, there were three things I was very displeased with last year. A little earlier this year, I discussed my issues with my Man (he was gone hunting during trunk-or-treat last year), and expressed that if this is the case again this year, that I would like it to be the last year we go. At least for some time. You see, there are several reasons we don't do regular Halloween. One of which is we believe in sheltering our kids as much as we can at this young age. If they will also be exposed to certain undesirable things at our church trunk-or-treat, then it is our job not to take them there. Last year was the first time I had problems with what I saw, so I'm willing to pass it off as a one-year thing and try again this year.

So the trunk-or-treat is tomorrow afternoon. Apparently I have to make a Rubik's Cube costume for Son. We have lots and lots of beautiful dress-up for the girls, but as soon as Sissy found out what Son was going to be, she wanted to be the same. So we have two boxes ready, and today I have to get them decorated. Honey wants to be like her brother and sister, but she is two; I think I can get some of the dress-up she hasn't seen for a while, out of storage, and sway her mind. I can't find a box the right size for her, so there you go.

Also, I have to buy candy. Ugh.

1 comment:

Hey there! What are your thoughts about this subject?