Friday, January 6, 2017

Clipboard

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, or not. But my plan was to laminate my current schedule so I could reuse it over and over. I hadn't bought any laminate yet, but I had a couple of 8x10 picture frames with real glass, and thought "You know, the marker will probably wipe off of the glass better than plastic anyway!" So... I cut down the pages (since 8.5x11 won't fit in a 8x10 frame, LOL), and put them in frames. One is a daily schedule, and one is a less frequent. By the way, I LOVE them! :-)

They had both been working great for me, while I was printing a new daily each day. Once I decided to frame them, they became decidedly less convenient. I've determined that the laminate would be almost just as inconvenient, so back to the old page-and-pen version for me. However, I have hit upon one small difference that I think will actually vastly improve the schedule for me - a clipboard! We don't have hardly any clipboards right now - I think just one, and my Man uses it. So I want to buy myself a small, but durable clipboard, and I really think this will help a lot.

I was thinking to get one of the ones that is really cheap, just one thin board with a clip at the top. But it just occurred to me that one of the ones that can hold a few small items inside might actually be better. Three reasons;

1) My "weekly-and-less-frequent" sheet will need to be referenced every day as I fill out pertinent info for the day on my daily.
2) I would like to print several dailies at once, and have a handy place to access the fresh copy each day. (I actually had a system before that worked well... but what could possibly be more convenient than having the copies RIGHT THERE in the clipboard?!!)
3) I usually keep the sheets for a few days as records, until I've recorded the important stuff in a more readable word format. Since I don't journal daily (I used to, and want to start again, but...), then I usually need to keep these for several days to help me remember what exactly it was that we did each day. :-) I have NOT found a good system for storing my used schedules, so this would be the very best reason for a clipboard with storage room. :-)

So those are my thoughts.

There is always something new going on in my organizing plans & habits. LOL. Hey, as long as it's working, then it's not wishy-washy, right?! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! What are your thoughts about this subject?