Saturday, December 24, 2016

Pin-teh want nuggle wi- me...

Honey received Cinderella and Ariel dolls in a Play-Doh set from some friends for Christmas. The dolls are made out of that hard plastic, a little bigger than green army guys, but still fairly small. She decided the other night that "My pin-teh want nuggle wi- me." (My princesses want to snuggle with me.)

The first I heard of it was when I came up to say prayers with the kids. Usually they are either waiting at my bedside, or else running back and forth up there. However, I found Honey already in her little bed, whereupon we had our little conversation.

"Mommy, my pin-teh want nuggle wi- me."
"Oh, your princesses want to snuggle with you?"
"Yeah, so I let dem!"
*Chuckles* "Oh, so you're letting them snuggle with you?"
"Yeah!"

We said prayers, then she went to sleep happily with a princess in each hand. About 20 or 30 minutes later, she woke up bawling and bawling. I went to see the problem - one of her princesses was lost. I helped her find it, and she promptly settled down and went back to sleep. Did she come to snuggle with us even one time that night? No.

Last night she fell asleep leaning against me on the couch. But needless to say, I put her princesses in her little hands before I went to sleep, and once again she stayed in her own bed through the night.

What a cutie. And so nice to her princesses, too. :-)

2 comments:

Hey there! What are your thoughts about this subject?