Thursday, December 29, 2016

Some Jan-Jun Goals for upcoming 2017

Once again dealing with sleep issues, I decided to get up and write out my lofty goals for the next 6 months.

Earlier today, I updated a schedule of mine. I absolutely loved the schedule I created for myself in January of this year, and it worked great for me. As needed, I tweaked it and made changes here and there. Naturally, a very busy time of life came and I became unable to use that schedule. However, I continued to create updated versions from time to time, although I never did get back into the swing of using one again. In the last few weeks, I created a new daily schedule for myself. I kept some of the aspects of the schedule that worked so well for several months at the beginning of this year, but I made a few drastic changes as well. I think it will work better for these busy days with uncommon business and projects and goals to be accomplished many of our days.

What I did today, was to create a second schedule sheet that covers weekly needs as well as less frequent things that need to be done (but in my home, are often forgotten). I want to use the new daily and "general" schedules for a week or two, so I can tweak them with any necessary changes, and then I intend to laminate them back-to-back. I can then either find my dry-erase pens, or purchase another set. I am hoping this serves the purpose of reusing the same sheet over and over, rather than printing a new one every day.

I hope this schedule works as well as last year's did! It was so successful, that I feel it has made a change in our life even after it was no longer in use!

As far as the many goals I listed a few minutes ago, to attempt to cover during the next 6 months, I think I will not announce them... I can only take so much embarrassment if they do not come to pass! LOL. I suppose I will mention, though, that I intend to purge, re-purge, and purge AGAIN my entire household. This is something that is so important to me, that I found myself re-listing it again every two months. (January - Household purge & re-purge. March - Household purge & re-purge.  May - Household purge & re-purge.) I'm not even kidding!

That is another thing that has made a vast difference in my life. Beginning last January, I began to "KonMari" my home. I whizzed through the first 3 categories (out of 5 - but the 4th category is the biggest). I did both my items/belongings, and also the kids'. This was accomplished January-March. It actually seems like we were halfway through January before I began, but I can't recall for sure. In any case, I was so pleased with the results, and it has still made an amazing difference! Although it needs done again (supposedly you are supposed to do it once and never need to repeat. Although that didn't quite work, this is still the best method I've discovered so far!).

My current intention is to just start culling down anything & everything that is no longer useful or desirable, until I've gotten this place under control enough to reKonMari, hopefully in one quick shot. I have a lot of stuff in the basement that is already ear-tagged for donations, but I'm finding myself noticing more and more and ever more items that I want OUT. OF. MY. HOUSE. As of now, it feels hopeless to finish my beautiful KonMari cause. So I'm thinking that if I work hard at everything I already know/guess that I want out, then I'll make enough room and brain-space to be able to do the job properly.

I honestly do not know how this will go. But I'm hoping that January will see this first portion fully accomplished. Then in March, I can do the proper KonMari. And in May, I can re-evaluate, maintain, and work on any possible remaining tidbits of junk. Not sure it'll go down this way, but oh, do I ever hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! What are your thoughts about this subject?