Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"Close your eyes, Mommy!"

Here's another post before I go to bed again;

A few months ago, I was talking to my cousin and close friend over the phone. I was telling her that I'd previously gone back and forth between whether I thought it was okay for me to watch movies or not, and that I'd finally come to the conclusion that if a movie meets certain criteria, I can enjoy it and not feel at all uncomfortable, as long as I don't get excessive in the habit. On the other hand, most modern movies do not meet that criteria, and even if I enjoy them, afterwards I wind up feeling as though I partook in something dirty, which causes me to think I should not watch movies whatsoever. Anyway, as I told her the type that I actually enjoy, I mentioned that I was afraid to try too many more, in case they were ones that would bother me. She suggested White Christmas and Holiday Inn, both Bing Crosby movies.

I don't recall which one I watched first, but while watching Holiday Inn, which featured vaudeville performers. Of course, since there were vaudeville performers, there were vaudeville costumes... so there were some dancing girls who had tights and whatnot, but also shorter, fluffier dresses (maybe like a tu-tu or something, I don't recall). At any rate, while some of these girls were dancing across the stage, my not-quite-four-year-old daughter turned to me and exclaimed "You need to close your eyes, Mommy! Those girls aren't wearing decent clothes! I'll tell you when you can open them, okay?!" whereupon she returned to watching the scene, and I inwardly laughed and laughed.

IT WAS FUNNY, OKAY?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. That IS funny! Our family always says things like "we can't watch that because Mom will get too scared". I'm ok with that because it keeps them and me from watching scary things.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! What are your thoughts about this subject?