Friday, September 16, 2016

Goals & Quilts

I have significantly lessened my list of what to accomplish during the remainder of this week (yesterday, today, and Saturday).

Yesterday, my goal was just to clean the house and bathe everybody before Church. I was successful in that, although I now have a couch full of laundry ready to put away. And the laundry room itself needs some work (it gathers random odds & ends like you wouldn't believe!).

Today, the goal is to burn off some CDs for an older "aunt" who stayed with us a few months ago. Pretty quickly after she left, I went on my 3-week trip to the West Coast to see family & friends I grew up with. Then two of my sisters were out here for a month, immediately following that. Now it's been a couple of weeks, and I need to get that job DONE! I also want to try walmart.com again, and see if they fixed their problem so I can order picture CDs. If not, I'll have to find somebody else who provides that service.

Tomorrow, the goal is to keep the house clean, and make lots of specific homeschool plans... Yay!!!! And spend the day with the family, of course. So the homeschool planning of the day may go down the drain... But oh well, if it does. My family is most important!

So last night, I forced myself to clear my mind early enough that I could actually get a somewhat decent amount of sleep. But not before remembering... Oh! Sissy's next birthday will be her fifth! On Son's fifth, I made him a denim quilt. Hmmm.... I only have 10 months left... maybe I ought to start now! LOL. Son's was accomplished in a matter of two days, but I happened to have my mother-in-law assisting me, and she is an excellent and experienced quilt-maker.

So what did I do this morning? As soon as I had my husband's breakfast, lunch, and work clothes ready, I hopped right on to Pinterest, and spent 40 minutes looking at denim quilts and just any quilts in general.

Last night I had the idea to make a center panel for the quilt, with an appliqued Sunbonnet Sue pushing a baby carriage. I wasn't sure how to surround it, though. After lots of pinning this morning, I'm thinking surround with smallish blocks made of:
    ~    four triangles
    ~    two triangles
    ~    hearts
and, of course
    ~    pockets

Of course, knowing me, I could change my mind entirely and not make a quilt at all like what I presently have in mind. And as much as I want to, I can't really justify starting her quilt right now, anyway. Besides, I may wait on hers until she's older. I did Son's just because he was so enthralled with the denim quilt that Grandmother made for Daddy when Daddy was a boy, and he wanted me to make him one, too. Sissy hasn't got such a desire at this point. I could just make her a denim doll quilt and call it good. She'd go bananas for that! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I bet she would absolutely love the quilt. It might take you longer, but you will make a beautiful quilt even without your fabulous mother-in-laws help:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! What are your thoughts about this subject?