Friday, September 9, 2016

Freezing Peaches

Some of my list from the other day, I accomplished. Some I did not. Some everyday work NOT included on the list, I accomplished. Some I did not.

On Monday, a precious friend brought me a box of peaches. Because they were pretty hard, I divided them up into a total of 3 boxes (so they wouldn't smash the bottom layers while they were ripening up).

Then on Wednesday, I sorted through and took out all of them that had softened. I rinsed, cut, flash froze them, and then transferred them to gallon freezer ziplocs.

Today, I did nearly half of what was left, since they were almost all softened and it wasn't worth finding the couple that were still fairly hard. Here are pictures of my mornings work:

All rinsed and ready to cut.

I wanted to use the same box to freeze them with, so in went the layers of wax paper!

Let me pause so I can go start the next youtube "educational show" for my early rising girls. :-)

More wax paper for more peaches :-)

Since there were only 3 peaches left, I went ahead and succumbed to adding a partial third layer.

Not too much of the valuable peach went to waste!

I feel so accomplished!

Hmmm... when did that frost build up? Better take care of it.

Busy taking care of it. :-)

Fits exactly right! Notice the way I hold up the lid when a kid isn't handy...

This is the results from Wednesday. I did slightly more this morning, and have a little more than that for the batch I'm about to start. :-)

Also Wednesday, I froze the beets that another friend gave me. I would advise to anyone who wants to flash freeze beets... it will be easier to get them into your bags if you don't try to freeze them before they've cooled down...

The reason I bring up the beets is because my children & I couldn't resist eating a few while I was cutting them up. The results have had the kids intrigued and excited. Poor Sissy, though. She only had one beet chunk. Not enough to change the color of her potty. :-( And trust me, that is very disappointing to a four-year-old. Especially one whose favorite colors are pink & purple...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! What are your thoughts about this subject?